Senior Procurement Manager
- Glasgow, Scotland
- £51600 - £77400 per annum + Performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 19 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth or Reading.
Salary: £51,600- £77,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Procurement Manager to join our SSE Energy Solutions - Distributed Energy Business. You will be expected to work on the project procurement of a range of goods, works and services supporting our Major Projects, Electricity Infrastructure and Electric Vehicle businesses.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the end-to-end procurement of a wider range of goods, works and services to meet the diverse needs of our Distributed Energy business.
- Compliance to procurement policy, procedure and process in service delivery whilst ensuring the best procurement results for our internal stakeholders with respect to cost, quality, delivery and meeting our compliance standards.
- Joint activity with our customers including planning procurement timelines, developing commercial and contract strategies and then executing the procurement event to a high standard.
- Supplier management and SRM activity will form part of the role, working with stakeholders and our commercial team to ensure the best outcomes from our key supplier relationships.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable procurement experience in large capital Design & Build projects.
- Demonstrable procurement experience of M&E, connections, civils, plant and equipment sub-contracts.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement.
- The experience and ability to negotiate commercial procurement contracts and manage risk.
- Demonstrable supplier management experience and skills.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert