BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are launching a major new space programme, marrying our existing capabilities with new space technology. We need skilled, enthusiastic and motivated people at all experience levels from graduate to CTO to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant engineering and non-engineering disciplines, both for those with space industry experience and those without. Many roles come with opportunities for remote / hybrid working, working in our offices in Guildford and Great Baddow only when required. We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, industry-leading benefits, and the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our highly-skilled engineering community. Come and join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies. Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving our infrastructure, as well as implementing and maintaining software development and deployment processes. You will manage and lead a small team of DevOps engineers in working towards a common strategy set for the programme. The role will involve introducing and challenging set practices to champion optimisation, in the goal of speeding up the development and deployment for the software teams on Azalea.
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
- Lead the development and implementation of our DevOps strategy
- Design and implement scalable infrastructure solutions
- Automate software development and testing processes
- Manage and mentor a team of DevOps engineers
- Monitor and maintain system performance and availability
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize software development and deployment
- Continuously improve and update our infrastructure and processes
We are looking for high-calibre people with some or all of the following characteristics:
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps or related role
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Experience with cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (Grafana, ELK)
- Strong understanding of security best practices and experience implementing security measures in a DevOps environment
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.