Electronics Engineer - Wireless
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Guildford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Apr 2023
- Electrical, Electronics
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
The role is with the Wireless Products team which is part of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, a leading supplier of cyber, intelligence and security solutions to the UK Government and its trusted partners.
As an Electronics hardware engineer within the Wireless Products group, you will be joining multi-disciplinary project teams to design and develop cutting-edge wireless products (eg communication devices, sensors) in support of key customer missions.
We’d love to hear from people who are early in their careers as electronics engineers, looking to develop and be supported in growing their skills working with cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for engineers with some experience and interest in one or more of the focus areas below:
- RF and analogue PCB circuit design and layout from VLF to microwave, including amplifiers, filters, mixers, etc.
- High speed digital PCB circuit design and layout, including FPGAs, SoCs, ADC & DACs
- Power supply design
- System and circuit modelling (eg using SPICE, Matlab, CST, Python)
Any experience in the following areas would also be advantageous:
- Mechanical design with 3D CAD
- Lab instruments (eg oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, vector network analysers)
- Design and test for EMC and environmental compliance
- Software and firmware development in support of testing or interfacing to electronics (eg Python, C/C++, VHDL, Linux)
If you join us you will get the chance to deepen and broaden your skills further as you progress your career. You will work in a dynamic environment based on in multi-disciplinary project teams.
We offer a comprehensive package including annual pay review and bonus, as well as an extensive range of benefits.
We have opportunities at our offices in both Guildford and Cheltenham.
Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role need to be eligible to apply for a UK Government security clearance (SC)
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert