BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.Solution Architect - Electronic Warfare (CEMA)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing International Government division as a CEMA Solution Architect specialising in Electronic Warfare. We deliver next generation cyber, communications and intelligence solutions for law enforcement. Our work helps law enforcement fight organised crime, counter terrorism and affects many “life at risk” situations daily - your role will have real impact.
Solution Architects/Technical Leads are responsible for architecting solutions to meet the needs of BAE clients. Solution architects ensure that solutions developed within delivery programmes are fit-for-purpose. They select and tailor the engineering processes that are used to develop the solution and govern the technical quality of the work as it is executed. What you will be doing:
At BAE Systems DI Solution Architects work with senior client stakeholders to understand, influence and shape requirements and solution approaches. They use their understanding of mainstream and emerging solution technologies and providers, combined with a flair for innovative approaches to business problems and the intellectual capability to rapidly develop expertise and authority in new areas.
Solution Architects and Technical Leads must deliver solutions with consideration of through-life solution operation such as operational support and management, integration, change and extension, migration and re-platforming, productisation, re-use, withdrawal/retirement and disposal.
Day to day tasks include:
The skills & experience we are looking for:
- Contribute to a clear Architectural Vision, supporting Capability roadmaps, for development of products in the short, medium and long term.
- Support the continued development of Architecting methodologies in the Systems Engineering Function
- Leading the development of solution architectures, to meet specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Overseeing the implementation of the design in collaboration with other design team members such as Application Architects, Infrastructure Architects, System and Software Designers, Data Architects, Security Architects and Functional Architects.
- Ensure that the design meets key functional and non-functional requirements
- Leads estimation to develop an understanding of potential solution costs and delivery timescales including appropriate Service regimes
- Responsible for specification, flow-down and acceptance of requirements to 3rd parties.
- Management of the Architect team, design baseline and scope changes
- Shapes further the solution blueprint and/or design - for example through the tailored application of architecture frameworks (e.g. Zachmann, TOGAF and MODAF) and other design articulations (including the UML).
- Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
- You will be happy to travel internationally to meet with our customers, industry partners and to deliver programmes.
- Full job description available on application.
How we will support you:
- Significant experience working in Electronic Warfare. The focus of this role is to provide direction, guidance and expertise to ensure coherent development of overall architecture of EW systems solutions across multiple complex programmes and at all layers of abstraction. This is to include software defined radios, open architectures and enterprise integration.
- We are looking for someone passionate about our products, with a systems-thinking approach, you will thrive in dynamic environments, with the ability to make decisions quickly under pressure and set a clear vision for the team.
- Responsible for thought leadership within the relevant stakeholder communities, including white papers, conferences, networking, reports and presentations as applicable.
- Contribute to development of enterprise architectures across campaigns and programmes
- Contribute to the initiation and development of external strategic relationships to enable delivery
- Support to the development and embedding of appropriate Systems Architecting methodologies, processes and initiatives within the sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proven ability to build trust and respect at different levels.
- Experience of integration, with an understanding of emergent properties, potential resultant issues, cost and schedule implications, and potential mitigations.
- Tenacity and determination, with a desire to deliver outputs and results.
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and well being.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government security clearance at SC Level prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.