Projects Sustainability Manager
- Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Perth / Glasgow, Scotland / Scotland, Aberdeen
- £44100 - £66100 per annum
- Closing date
- 19 Mar 2023
- Business & Finance, Civil & Structural, Project Engineering, Quality, Other
- Construction & Building Services, Consultancy, Environment, Power
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission are looking for a suitably experienced individual to fulfil the role of Projects Sustainability Manager implementing policy and best practice across all of our capital delivery portfolio. This person will be responsible for the following:
- Be the policy lead for sustainable construction. This includes setting policy and defining tools, advising the business on policy and supporting the implementation of policy into delivery.
- Undertake reporting of sustainability metrics at portfolio level to ensure compliance and delivery against key performance indicators.
- Provide advice and support to project teams to enable them to assess sustainability risks and opportunities on projects, and to define action plans to minimise these risks.
- Embed best practice and represent SSEN Transmission at external forums to bring best practice back into the business.
- Manage stakeholder relationships in support of delivering wider sustainability methodologies and strategy across SSEN Transmission.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Technical knowledge of sustainability within a general construction or energy infrastructure environment. Membership of relevant professional body preferable.
- Practical experience of successfully developing and implementing sustainable construction policies and systems, with understanding of relevant standards (CEEQUAL, PAS2080).
- Proven ability to manage workload and get things done in a pro-active manner, through collaboration and being a team player who is motivated, collaborative and supportive of colleagues.
- A track-record as a great communicator who delivers high-quality outputs and can positively contribute to the decision making process with internal and external stakeholders across multi-disciplined teams.
- The ability to think independently and strategically, with outstanding judgement which enables you to provide sound, practical advice to senior leaders and colleagues across the business.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert