Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: £38k - £41k dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern : Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. The role is 37 hours per week with flexi-start and finish times. There is the opportunity to work from home as part of dynamic working arrangements in line with the needs of the business.
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the Manufacturing Engineering team for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility.
An opportunity has arisen on the development / production manufacturing lines, for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.
The opportunity also allows and individual to grow their knowledge within manufacturing as part of development into future opportunities. Industrial Validation, manufacturing architecture and factory of the future principles are some of the work packages that provide stretched objectives for such growth.
What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
Able to work with minimum supervision:
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work to meet our delivery milestones.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- Awareness of digital communication platforms to work and communicate effectively within the workplace
- Flexible working opportunities, career progression, paid overtime, great bonus scheme along with a comprehensive pension scheme & annual salary review, fantastic working environment and site facilities.
Working with the Principal Engineer, you will potentially be working on multiple projects, responsible for manufacturing problem identification and resolution:
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, process proving activities etc.
- Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing documentation and industrial validation
- Support the Non Conformance Process
- Ensure products are produced in most economical proficient manner
- Assume the responsibilities for safe operating implementation for changed processes, including liaising with COSHH assessors, SHE and Human factors
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM)
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions maintaining production BOMs
- Tooling development and control
What to expect:
- An opportunity to take ownership of manufacturing engineering processes and equipment to make improvements to production.
- Develop new skills and techniques, taking a key role in the manufacturing engineering team.
- Technically challenging, varied and rewarding work.
- Interaction with numerous internal and external customers and suppliers
- Opportunities for flexible/remote working where it meets the needs of the business
- Become a valued member of an established but growing team
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert