MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Software Design Engineer (Embedded)Salary
: Up to £65,000 (doe)Some of what to expect:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically, 1 day per week from home.The opportunity!
Seeker software is a complex real-time sub-component of a Missile, responsible for consuming data from a variety of advanced sensors and interfacing to other sub-equipment on-board a missile.
There is a great opportunity for an experienced embedded software engineer to join our team to develop current and future seeker systems. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team (hardware/ software/ firmware) with innovative technology, you will be at the forefront of missile system design.What we're looking for from you:
This is a technical hands-on role and will involve all aspects of the software life cycle:
- Requirements capture
- Embedded Software Architecture & Design
- Verification (Reviews & Testing)
Proven experience and a proactive desire to cultivate your career in the following areas:
- Hard Real-Time embedded software development
- Strong ‘C' Programming
- Communication Protocols (e.g., SPI, UART, Ethernet, PCI-Express)
- Software Design methodologies (e.g., UML)
- Strong problem solving at system and software component level to investigate software/hardware issues
- System integration and performance analysis
- Working in a lab environment using Missile components and Test Equipment
- Full life cycle development in Agile/SCRUM working environment
The right behaviours are important; a can-do approach, proactive and adaptable, concise communicator, process alignment and quality focus! Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances.