Systems Engineer in Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence
- Up to £53,000 DOE
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary:up to £53K dependent on experience + bonus + overtime
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join a highly collaborative team working in the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence.
The Centre of Excellence is responsible for developing and certifying Actuation Systems for multiple international safety-critical projects across all phases of the development lifecycle.
What we're looking for
- Highly capable Systems Engineering practitioner, ideally with experience across the full the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Experience of Use Case analysis and Requirements specification
- Experience of Model-Based Systems Engineering / SysML and use of Systems Engineering Tools such as IBM DOORS and Rhapsody is highly desirable
- While not essential, knowledge of Safety-Critical Systems Development and DO-178C would also be beneficial
What's in it for you?
- Work with a dynamic multi-disciplined team applying Agile principles to Systems Engineering and product development
- Manage product feature development from requirements analysis through to implementation and verification
- Develop knowledge of a cutting edge technologies and development techniques
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and take on lead roles
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert