Senior / Principal Operational Analyst
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
Salary - £33,000 to £48,000 depending on experience
The MBDA Operational Analysis (OA) team requires an experienced problem solver to contribute to a range of analytical studies within the Future Combat Air domain. You will have the freedom to network, influence, and thrive in an agile environment, leading and contributing to a variety of qualitative and quantitative studies in support of decision making for the UK's next generation of Combat Air System capability. Examples of topics include:
- Changes to the conduct of military operations in the future battlespace
- The role of un-manned air capabilities in the future battlespace
- The weapons and effects needed for a future Combat Air System to achieve mission success in the face of rapidly evolving threats
Curiosity, creativity, and analytical expertise must be combined with excellent communication skills to support MBDA's contribution to this national enterprise.
What we're looking for
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Strong awareness of, or professional background in, aspects of Operational Analysis, Operational Research, statistical analysis, or systems thinking; able to grasp the big picture whilst retaining focus on detail, ability to structure information, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Flexible, adaptable and pro-active mind-set; able to select the appropriate approach depending on duration of study, and ability to cope with changing workload priorities
- Team player, willing to learn and readily share knowledge with others
- Potential to manage, scope, and lead tasks, and to develop in role
- Knowledge of military air operations
- Understanding of threat environment within the context of future combat air
- Experience utilising War-gaming in a professional context
What's in it for you?
- Be part of a team at the forefront of developing next generation capabilities for the UK
- Be able to contribute ideas and shape the direction of a new programme in its early Concepting stage
- Rewarding and varied topics of work that ensure no two days are the same
- Opportunity to interact and work with a wide range of partners, including analysis communities in the MOD and other industry partners, as well as military representatives from the UK MOD
- The opportunity to enhance your understanding of the defence industry, and develop technical, leadership and management skills
- Management and peer support at the appropriate level to ensure that your learning and application of skills is continuously nurtured as part of day-to-day and continuous professional development
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The Future Combat Air Operational Analysis team is a growing, forward looking, team of analysts who are relied upon to support understanding and decision making within an agile business environment. The team facilitates experimentation and dialogue with customer partners, develops understanding to inform the operational requirements and context of our future weapon systems, and prides itself on providing a high quality service to internal and external partners alike.
Members of the team enjoy varied work, the opportunity to liaise with their own partners, develop a wide variety of applicable skills, and work in a team or independently according to the nature of work. All members of the team have the opportunity to develop and carry more responsibility as their career progresses.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert