Deputy Group Compliance Operations Manager
- Scotland, Perth, Perth & Kinross
- Performance related bonus
- Closing date
- 19 Mar 2023
- Business & Finance
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Belfast, Dublin or Reading
Salary: circa £50,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and enthusiastic Deputy Group Compliance Operations Manager who has experience in auditing, quality management, and supporting or managing a team to join our Group Compliance team.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Supporting and deputising for the Group Compliance Operations Manager as required.
- While the Deputy GCOM will not be responsible for managing team members directly, they will be responsible for driving standards and quality through on-going checking, continuous improvement and providing training and development.
- Ensuring Compliance Champions are proactively working with the business to identify, document and risk assess compliance risks.
- Contributing to the development of Group Compliance processes and review types.
- Carrying out compliance audits which scrutinise the activities of SSE's seven business units and corporate support functions to assess compliance with regulatory and legal obligations, and with internal procedural/policy requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:
- Experience of managing a compliance and/or audit function and implementing or managing an end-to-end audit process to CIIA standards.
- Current Audit Professional qualification (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or International Compliance Association (ICA) Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance (or equivalent).
- You will have excellent report writing skills, good attention to detail, ability to manage your time and workload efficiently, have first class negotiation/influencing skills and be structured in approach and resilient in character. You will also be a confident communicator with the ability to build effective working relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of quality, process mapping and continuous improvement of a quality management system.
- An element of travel will be required, so you should preferably be able to drive. Although this position is open to UK-wide applicants, a presence at SSE main sites will be required.
About our Business
Our SSE Markets Regulation and Group Compliance function is accountable for providing specific legislative, regulatory, industry code, and market arrangements' advice and guidance tailored to the businesses. We oversee and monitor the businesses' compliance using a risk based approach, ensuring effective controls and systems are in place and support the businesses to take corrective actions. We provide subject matter expertise and support to the management of SSE's relationships with external regulatory stakeholders, such as Ofgem.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on 01738 351671.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert