Construction Project Manager
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Lancashire, England, Preston
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Job Type
Job title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Warton/ Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: Employment package worth in the region of £50,000 - £70,000 - depending on experience, including a range of company benefits
What you'll be doing:
- Development and delivery of Infrastructure Upgrades, New Buildings, Site Rationalisation and Master Planning, installation of Manufacturing Plant & Equipment, bespoke Test Facilities, Property matters and Major Capital Restoration of the BAE Systems (Air) estate
- Responsible for managing the project lifecycle to cover all aspects of PM, Financial Control, Design (following the RIBA Plan of Work), Implementation, Quality, Occupation and Acceptance & Handover
- Appointment of Professional Consultancy teams and/or Construction Contractors to development or create facilities/capabilities
- Responsible for all installations in accordance with the current Company, Statutory Health & Safety Legislation, Building and CDM regulations.
Your skills and experiences:
- Working knowledge of the built environment which may include disciplines such as construction project management, civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical, electrical, utilities, building services or other built environment disciplines
- Degree or HNC/D qualified in Construction or Building Services would be ideal, however other disciplines and experience within the Built Environment are welcome
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in ensuring construction Health & Safety
- Experience in managing Contractors in a live environment
- Awareness and application of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance, and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Construction team:
As a part of Investment Projects team, you will be involved in our c.10-year investment plan potentially totalling in excess of £1.5b. Act as a client-side project manager, responsible for the successful delivery of the design, planning and construction of a wide range of facility upgrades and estates projects across our Preston based sites. These projects could include key infrastructure upgrades, utilities installation or removal, building construction or refurbishments and installation of plant & equipment to provide manufacturing capability. This role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in a mixture of work across a vastly varied secure estate, including our active airfield, fast jet test and development facilities, advanced manufacturing and production environments, expanding your knowledge and experience in some bespoke sovereign capabilities.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert