FM Specialist Engineer
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- England, Lancashire, Preston
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Job Type
Job title: Facilities Management Specialist Engineer
Location: Warton / Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £52,084+ depending on skills and experience plus supplemental benefits
What you'll be doing:
The Facilities Management organisation has a number of key roles and responsibilities that include the following, applications are invited from candidates with a broad range of FM skills and experience and those that may have subject matter expertise in individual roles.
- Monitor levels of service contractor delivery through regular reviews of the service providers' management systems to identify best practice options, confirm service level adherence, process effectiveness and objectives for moving the contract forward
- Undertake Asset Management responsibilities for Estate related Plant, Equipment and Infrastructure, assessing best practice maintenance approaches
- Manage agreed budgets, cost variations and control mechanisms, including invoice verification and budget reporting and where appropriate compile budget submissions
- Providing Mechanical Building Services technical support on the following areas:
o Natural gas distribution
o Compressed air systems
o Water Distribution
o General building services e.g., HVAC systems, LPHW
- Developing the Electrical infrastructure, influencing the control of system design, reliability, operation and maintenance of the Power Distribution Systems across our sites
- Working with external bodies and utility companies to ensure quality, continuity and safety of utilities and building systems
- Management of Statutory Systems and responsibilities covering aspects such as Legionella Control, Environmental Management, Statutory Inspections, Asbestos records etc
Your skills and experiences:
- Must have a technical background in Facilities related disciplines (e.g., engineering, construction, or building services) with extensive experience of managing the delivery of Facility related projects or managing Facilities Services contracts
- Customer facing role, requiring the highest level of customer service
- General project and change management techniques with a good understanding of supplier management, stakeholder management, cost management, customer relationship development and health and safety management
- IT skills needed including the use of Microsoft office suite and associated software i.e., Power point, excel, word
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Facility team:
As a part of Facility team, you will be planning and management activities of a broad range of multi-disciplinary projects and strategic service/supplier partnerships to meet the estate and operational facility needs of the business. This role will provide you with opportunity to develop your career with BAE Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert