System Integration Manager
- Perth, Scotland, Perth & Kinross / Scotland, Glasgow
- £61100 - £91700 per annum + car/allowance/performance bonus
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronics, Quality, Systems
- Environment, Power, Renewables, Sciences
- Job Type
- Engineering Manager
Base Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First working options available
What is the Role?
The System Performance group at SSEN Transmission has an opportunity for a System Integration Manager to lead a team providing detailed study support for major projects connecting to the transmission system in the north of Scotland. This role will involve the management of power system analysis specialists and the coordination of their activities with project teams and other parts of the business. The team will carry out the full range of studies required to ensure that complex projects such as HVDC, FACTS and new major AC reinforcements can be successfully integrated within our system.
The key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Plan and oversee the delivery of complex power system studies covering areas such as power quality, system stability and electromagnetic transients.
- Show technical leadership within the team and oversee the implementation of the quality assurance process for study work.
- Liaise with project teams, operational colleagues and equipment suppliers.
- Provide line management for the System Integration team members.
- Represent SSEN Transmission in external meetings and on industry workgroups.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in power system analysis, design and planning, ideally within the electricity transmission area, with working knowledge of the relevant industry and technical standards.
- A good understanding of power system modelling and analysis with experience in at least three of the following areas: load flow and short circuit calculations, dynamic (RMS) simulation, power quality and system monitoring, EMT simulation for transients, EMT simulation for control interaction studies and automation scripting.
- Experience of managing complex technical study work and line management.
- Excellent knowledge of the electricity industry, including interfaces with the regulator, the Electricity System Operator, other Transmission Owners and Distribution Network Operators.
- A degree in electrical engineering or related numerical discipline and ideally be a Chartered Engineer with a relevant institution and the ability to write clear and well-structured technical reports and specifications and provide focused information for senior management.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert