Senior Verification and Validation Engineer
- up to £70,000 (doe)
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
What we can offer:
- Bonus of up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; on average, 2 days per week onsite for this role.
Senior Verification and Validation Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Principal Verification and Validation Engineer [Software] to be a member of the Real Time group. This is a new position to meet the increased business need to develop higher levels of Safety Critical Software.
You will be responsible for leading a small team of Verification and Validation engineers on safety-critical Missile components.
- Are you an expert in Software Design and Coding?
- Are you able to coordinate all resources through the process of planning, organising and controlling in order to deliver V&V capability for Real Time Software?
- Do you have experience of developing and testing software products to DO-178C and involvement at SOI audits?
- Do you have the process adherence and quality focus to demonstrate compliance to DO-178C or similar certification process?
- Do you have an innovative mind-set to consciously improve automation and V&V?
What we're looking for from you:
We are looking for someone who can develop, guide and lead a Verification and Validation team. It is a hands on role that will entail producing plans, specifications, results, automation capability, reporting (progress, risks, and metrics), tool evaluation and providing technical expertise and guidance to projects and team members.
You should have:
- The ability to nurture and lead a team of typically 3 - 7 (V&V Engineers).
- Strong understanding of safety-critical standards such as DO-178C.
- Track record of automation including continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets.
- Technical/software background with experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is essential.
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience in setting up test environments including tools, test rigs, test factory.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert