- Scotland, Aberdeen / Perth, Perth & Kinross, Scotland / Scotland, Glasgow
- £53681 - £62405 per annum
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £53,681 - £62,405 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As Project Manager, you'll be the assigned point of contact within the Cyber Resilience Operational Technology Programme for delivery of work streams or simple projects with limited strategic impact.
Key Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Establishing and maintaining highly effective relationships within projects and other project and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
- Delivering the projects to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the project definition or Project Initiation Document (PID).
- Managing projects and work packages to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified objectives, within budget and timescale.
- Maintaining and managing internal and external project dependencies, be they project or work stream.
- Identifying project risks and issues, assessing and recognising criticalities and contingencies.
- Providing input into the governance process itself, including the methods and tools to be used.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of managing Cyber Security or IT related projects ideally.
- Demonstrable experience of applying project governance frameworks.
- Proven experience of delivery from a goal orientated perspective.
- Ability to provide leadership and focus for the project and work stream teams.
- Excellent communication skills with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert