- England, New Forest, Hampshire / Dorset, Poole, England
- £38073 - £44257 per annum
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Business & Finance
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Poole or New Forest
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available - 4 days a week office based
We are looking a Business Analyst to join our team!
As a Business Analyst you will secure, consolidate, analyse and provide accurate fact-based information relating to the financial and operational performance of the region to support decision making of the region's Management Team.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Measure performance through the use of KPI's and advise the business in relation to the programme and solve or foresee issues before they arise.
- Undertake improvement projects to solve issues found by utilising Lean methodologies to continually improve the region's performance and way of working.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of finance and productivity KPI's through reports and proactive engagement with the management team.
- Preparation of monthly reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that SSEN's customers remain at the heart, ensure great customer service performance is delivered to meet and exceed customer and regulator expectations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Understanding of key business metrics and key financial metrics and how they are used to improve performance and calculated.
- Sound understanding and experience of working with systems, finance, operational performance and utilisation and reporting.
- IT skills including advanced Excel and proficient in PowerBI to effectively analyse performance data and deliver formal presentations.
- An understanding of Lean methodologies to drive robust problem solving.
- The ability to work well in teams.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert