SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About The Role
Base Location: Flexible UK - initially based at Dogger Bank Wind Farm (NE England) for 3 years hybrid basis
Salary: £Competitive depending on skills and experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
At SSE Renewables, safety is our number one priority. It's at the heart of everything we do. Reporting to the Offshore SHE Manager, you will provide safety support to all SSE Renewables UK offshore projects both in development and execution phases.
Some of your main accountabilities will include:
- Providing support, guidance and advice to Offshore Project Managers, Package Managers, and project team members.
- Ensuring project compliance with all applicable safety legislation.
- Providing day to day SHE support to the development and construction projects.
- Completing due diligence exercises, SHE assessments / audits of businesses, organisations and contractors as and when applicable.
- Reviewing SHE documentation submitted by contractors.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we would love you to have;
- A degree level qualification in Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Offshore/marine SHE development and construction experience, including extensive working knowledge of UK safety regulations.
- Be a registered member of IOSH or equivalent accrediting body (or be willing to work towards).
- Excellent communication skills with a natural flair for forging relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking, with the ability to address complex issues by making them simple through to a well-structured systematic approach, understand risks and implement appropriate solutions.
Travel to various sites will be required as part of this role, therefore, a full and valid driving licence is essential.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on 01738 351698.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.