- Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Pitlochry
- £60203 - £69982 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Clunie or Lochay Power Stations
Salary: £60,203 - £69,982 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
With a portfolio of around 4GW of onshore wind, offshore wind and hydro, our strategy is to drive the transition to a net zero world through the world class development, construction and operation of renewable energy assets. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally.
In this fantastic leadership opportunity we are looking for a passionate leader to manage a team of multidiscipline Engineers and Technicians providing engineering support to the Hydro Assets in the Tummel Breadalbane area. Key elements of the role are:
- Supporting a sustainable team by ensuring that competency levels are understood and maintained, role holders are developing, and collaboration is effective.
- Understanding and managing engineering risks in your area by ensuring that risks are recorded, prioritised correctly and works are delivered in a planned manner.
- Managing and developing planned outage and routine work scopes which are effectively planned, engineered and safely delivered to support business demand and statutory requirements.
You'll also have full maintenance budget responsibility and be accountable for the timely return to service of plant to support the operations function.
What do I need?
- You should possess a Degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or HNC with appropriate technical experience. Your background should evolve around a process or engineering environment, ideally involving power or hydro generation with a proven track record of effective technical decision making.
- You will need good commercial awareness along with the ability and enthusiasm to lead staff to achieve challenging outcomes, along with a strong safety culture and desire to improve process and seek continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills are essential, as is a strong attention to detail and excellent coaching skills.
- The ability to balance risk and income will be necessary. You should also have the authority to control, manage and respond to events, with the ability to thrive in a challenging environment.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on 01738 351698.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert