Solution / Infrastructure Architect
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Canberra, Australia
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is seeking an experienced Solution Architect to join our growing National Security and Defence team in Canberra. You will bring a strong understanding of mainstream and emerging technologies with a flair for innovative approaches to business problems. Broad experience across networking and software will see you directly contributing to the work of securing of our nation.
Please note that this role requires a PV Security clearance. Candidates with NV1 or NV2 willing to be upgraded to a PV are invited to apply.
What You will do:
- Engage clients across the full solution lifecycle addressing their most important challenges from proposal to in-service realisation
- Define and lead the development of solution architectures in collaboration with other design team members
- Retain overall ownership of solutions through delivery and transition into operation
- Ensure designs meet key functional and non-functional requirements
- Own and manage technical and solution risks working to reduce and mitigate at earliest opportunity
- Assure and represent the work of our engineering teams to local and global engineering executive
- Lead early design and estimation efforts to rapidly develop an understanding of potential solution costs and delivery timescales in support of business winning
- Understand and leverage BAE Systems experience, IP and expertise, with support of product and proposition experts, to conceive and deliver solutions to our clients and transfer mature FVEY capability to Australia
What we are looking for:
A broad range of technical skills, knowledge and leadership;
- Experience working within and across security domains
- Deep knowledge and experience with cloud technology including complex application and data migration to Cloud platforms (Azure and AWS)
- Advising clients and teams throughout the delivery phase on complex solutions
- Ability to lead, influence and guide analysts, developers and engineers to achieve your vision
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience contributing to tender responses and general pre-sales activities
- Experience working across a variety of delivery styles e.g. agile, lean, iterative/incremental, waterfall
- Experience working with Government systems and senior stakeholders
- 10+ years hands-on in networking, engineering and/or software development and 5+ years architecture / design experience
- Familiarity with architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachmann) and modelling.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert