Strategic Procurement Officer
- Scotland, Glasgow / Perth & Kinross, Perth, Scotland
- £38073 - £44257 per annum
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in Glasgow or Perth.
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have a unique opportunity for a Strategic Procurement Officer (SPO) to work within the HR & Professional Services team at SSE. This is an exciting opportunity if you are seeking a dynamic environment where you will be responsible for sourcing and post contract management activities across the professional services category.
As Strategic Procurement Officer (SPO) you will, in general terms, be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider Category team in the development of sourcing and post contract management strategies to drive compliance and efficiencies, mitigate risk and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders and suppliers throughout the procurement lifecycle to secure the most appropriate and innovative outcomes.
- Commercial analysis of contract/ tender submissions, negotiation and drafting of specific contract terms and recommending the appropriate contract award.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced procurement professional who has been involved with delivering category management strategies and sourcing activities. Experience of end to end procurement activities within a professional services category would be preferred.
To be considered for this role, you will, ideally:
- Have experience in category sourcing activities together with supplier negotiation and contractual terms.
- Be enthusiastic, with excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills that enable you to comfortably work across all levels within the business, whilst having the confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively.
- Be self-motivated, commercially astute and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Be comfortable working to deadlines, being able to change priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on 01738 344763.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert