Team Manager (Minors Connections)
- Oxfordshire, England
- £47872 - £55653 per annum + Car
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Business & Finance, Electrical
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Swindon, Melksham, Andover or Oxford
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 + car + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
We are looking a Team Manager to join our Minor Connections Team!
Our SSEN Minor Connections team are responsible for delivering new connections for 1-4 properties as well as moving the position in which our equipment terminates within our customers properties.
The Team Manager for the minor connections hub is responsible for managing the customer co-ordination hub and field managers, ensuring customers remain at the core of every decision to maximise incentives through Time to Connect (TTC) and customer satisfaction scores.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the team successfully deliver minor connection projects to time, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the smooth delivery of projects.
- Performance management of the team through coaching, mentoring whilst closely monitoring KPI performance.
- Continuously strive for excellent customer satisfaction in everything you and the team deliver.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience leading a team that delivers results in challenging environments with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Sound Business and technical knowledge of a Electricity Distribution business or similar market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proficient organisation skills and a strength in developing and nourishing positive working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to deliver within demanding timescales and to effectively prioritise, plan and organise.
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert