Grid and Primary Planning Engineer
- Electricity North West
- Preston / Manchester / Salford
- £64,114.80 - £67,276.92
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Electrical, Other
- Job Type
Electricity North West has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Grid and Primary Planning Engineer to join our inclusive and collaborative team. This full-time Grid Planning Engineer role is based in Preston / Salford and offers a salary of up to £64,115 p/a and excellent benefits.
As a Grid and Primary Planning Engineer, you will ensure that both the EHV and HV network and any associated new connections are planned in accordance with current Electricity North West license conditions, policies and national standards. You will also respond to internal and external technical queries and must be dynamic in your approach to providing solutions.
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Develop the EHV and HV network in accordance with all appropriate standards
- Plan new demand and generation connections
- Undertake IPSA and DINIS studies to develop suitable technically competent network solutions
- Ensure the compliance of new generator connections to specific G99 compliance requirements
- Carry out a detailed analysis of Demand and Generation data to allow for investigation into Losses, P2 studies and RRP Reporting
To apply for this Grid and Primary Planning engineer role, you will need a degree-level qualification in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and an excellent understanding of 132kV, 6.6kV and 11kV networks. You will also require the following:
- Technical knowledge of electrical network components, network operation, operational policy, design standards, ENWL Codes of Practice and specifications
- In-depth knowledge of the electricity distribution business, specifically an understanding of regulatory and industry standards within electricity distribution
- Proficiency in the use of power systems software including Dinis and IPSA
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package and join a welcoming and inclusive culture. We are committed to ensuring our people are supported and are proud of our reward and benefits offer, which includes an annual bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave increasing with length of service, private healthcare, an employee rewards portal offering discounts on several well-known brands, a market leading contributory pension scheme, employee assistance programme and opportunity for professional development through our L&D function.
Electricity North West own and operate the North West's electricity distribution network. Our priority is the safe and reliable distribution of electricity to the region’s 2.4 million properties.
We’re investing more than £1.9bn in the next eight years to improve and maintain the network.
The way we use electricity is changing, and as demand grows, our network needs to become smarter. We want to work with all our stakeholders to deliver the network our customers need.
- 0845 366 0092
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert