Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Closing date
- 8 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Operating in a safety critical environment, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for interpreting customer technical and production requirements, and providing compliant solutions across multiple projects.
- Working with the Principal Engineer you will be interacting with multi-functional teams responsible for reviewing statements of work and translating key design requirements into manufacturing architecture, user instructions and equipment deliverables
- Liaise with key stakeholders during development, delivery and production phases of customer solutions, ensuring on time, cost and quality targets are achieved
- Support deployment of production line equipment at internal and external customer facilities
- Support the industrial validation process using FMEA's and FAI's etc.
- Problem solving of manufacturing related issues, proposing solutions with consideration to safety and technical compliance
- Compiling, reviewing and updating of manufacturing instructions
- Management of document and equipment configuration control
- Provision of engineering support to daily operations, including continuous improvement
What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation
- National and international travel is occasionally required
Join a great team!
You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of people, ranging from apprentices and graduates through to experienced engineers, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different missile systems in development and production.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert