Network Operations Specialist
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Salary: Up to £63K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as 3 days on-site, 2 days working from home
An opportunity has arisen in the Information Management Network Team for a Network Specialist who will bring enthusiasm and dynamism to our team. You will be competent in Network Architecture / Design and ensure that our Network Infrastructure is compliant with MoD mandates / best practices. Internal and European travel will be required as part of the role.
Note: The candidate must be able to hold a security clearance level of DV (mandatory for the position) if not already cleared to that level.
What are we looking for from you?
- Minimum of Cisco CCDP / CCDA or equivalent certification / experience: Certification desirable (lapsed certification considered).
- Experience of working within a multi-classification Network environment is preferred.
- Previous Aerospace sector experience is desirable.
- Experience of Network Cryptography is desirable.
The IT sector is constantly evolving to keep pace with both technology and threat, therefore new solutions or changes to the current environment are required on a continual basis. You will be required to evaluate potential new solutions / options as they arise, and to review the current solutions / infrastructure with view to improvement.
Training on new platforms will be provided as they are introduced (for familiarity), and you will be encouraged to keep skills / certifications up to date.
- Review and recommend changes / improvements to the Network Infrastructure in accordance with MoD mandated / best practices.
- Lead or assist with examination of non-standard or project requirements from: end customers, internal product-facing teams, IT colleagues, support / outsourcing partners and others.
- Manage and own specific project lifecycles from instigation to operational handover.
- To assist with management of 3rd party suppliers and their delivery of solutions and services across MBDA (UK).
- Review and Approval of Project Documentation.
- Liaison with colleagues and support partners to form IT architecture.
- Support to project management colleagues in providing specialist technical input and consultancy for project activities.
- Creation of documentation and presentation materials in support of business activities.
- Close cooperation with the Security Operating Centre and Information Security teams to ensure the highest standards of secure design.
Join a great team!
The Greater MBDA Network Group comprises of UK, France, Germany and Italy. Although the team you are joining is UK based, you may also need to work with various team members of different Nationality, depending on the specific project / solution. All speak excellent English.
Our team provides Network services into the MBDA business where we have a constant stream of projects from upgrades through to totally new solutions that you will take part in.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert