- Scotland, Perth, Perth & Kinross / Aberdeen, Scotland / Glasgow, Scotland
- £32600 - £48800 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Mar 2023
- Business & Finance, Other
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Inverness, or Aberdeen. Hybrid working with a split between home and office is available for this role to support your work/life balance.
Salary: £32,600 to £48,800 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
At SSEN Transmission we are building a network for net zero. We expect more than a threefold increase in generation from the current levels to 30GW by 2030 and more beyond that.
Energy codes are foundational within the energy market. They are rules and procedures that industry duty holders follow across energy networks, wholesale, generation, and retail. As a Transmission Owner we are a duty holder or are impacted by four of these codes: System Owner - Transmission Owner Code (STC); Security and Quality of Supply Standard (SQSS); Grid Code; and Connection and Use of System Code (CUSC).
The role will be responsible for analysing code modifications and reforms and assessing their impacts on SSEN Transmission and our stakeholders. The role will also be responsible for co-ordinating the necessary action with our internal subject matter experts and management teams required to support the long-term strategic direction of the company.
The duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Apply strong analytical skills to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information about energy codes whilst ensuring attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactively co-ordinate and manage action plans to mitigate risks and realise opportunities.
- Supporting delivery of SSEN Transmissions business objectives by establishing, monitoring and delivering processes to track and manage code action plans and compliance.
- Supporting business units to develop, test, document, and implement robust management processes.
- Engaging constructively and develop a network of a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external, working closely with technical, financial, and engineering specialists to ensure effective communication of information.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An understanding of the electricity industry and the challenges associated with the journey to net-zero, as well as a basic awareness of the licence and energy code obligations under which SSEN Transmission operates.
- Qualified to degree level, or relevant experience with well-developed communication skills with the ability to present and offer challenge to internal and external audiences on business-critical content.
- Demonstrable influencing skills and the ability to work with a wide range of disciplines in the organisation to determine the best business solutions.
- Ability to network, internally/externally to facilitate the development of stakeholders and key industry influencers, and a demonstrable experience of managing action through others.
- Ability to deliver within challenging timescales, the ability to effectively prioritise, plan and organise, balance immediate and longer-term business priorities.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert