Tooling Design Engineers
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- England, Reading, Berkshire / Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
- £33850 - £48000 per annum
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Automotive, Design, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical, Other
- Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive Industry, Industrial, Manufacturing, Nuclear Industry
- Job Type
AWE is recruiting for Tooling Design Engineers
As we move into an exciting phase in our programme, we have a number of opportunities for Tooling Design Engineers to join AWE and support our vital role in keeping the Nation safe.
Role: Tooling Design Engineers
Location: Reading /Basingstoke area (office based)
Closing date: 25th March 2023
Salary: £33,850 - £48,000 (dependent on skills and experience) + allowance
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and well-being - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working in a highly regulated environment the role of the Tooling Design Engineer is to develop bespoke hardware designs to support programme requirements.
Whilst not to be considered a checklist, we are interested in hearing from candidates who have previous experience within any of the following:
A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes which may include machining, presswork, inspection, moulding and metrology
Design to Manufacture (D2M) experience of tooling or equipment including requirements capture, concept generation and down selection, development, manufacture and commissioning
Creation of formal technical information including; Technical drawings (conforming with BS8888), design support information including reports and calculations. Experience of presenting at formal design reviews is beneficial
3D parametric CAD packages, preferably Siemens NX
Product Lifecycle Management Tools, preferably Siemens Teamcenter
Development of hardware designs within a stage gated process
DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing or Production environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
An Awareness of Model Based Realisation is beneficial
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert