We have an exciting opportunity to join Breedon Group, the UK’s largest independent construction materials group, at our Hope Cement Works located in the heart of the Peak District National Park.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Projects Engineering department who are responsible for the management of Capital funded projects. Projects range from sustainability focused projects to strict sustaining projects, meaning this role offers the opportunity for an interesting and varied work portfolio.
The cement manufacturing industry, and the wider construction industry, are embracing significant steps to evolve to meet the UK’s carbon net zero target of 2050. This role offers the opportunity to contribute to these innovative changes, through project delivery. If you’re as excited about this opportunity, then we’d love to hear how you can help us.
Hope Cement Works has been in operation since 1929 and has strong links to the local area and community. The welfare facilities onsite include a golf course, fishing lakes, sailing lakes, on-site gymnasium, free fitness classes, organised walks around the Peak District, a subsidised canteen and volunteering opportunities to local causes, which are all available to our employees.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate engineer to complement our Projects engineering team at Hope Works. The successful candidate will be responsible for both leading projects and contributing process engineering knowledge, skills, and experience to other relevant projects and at times, operational topics.
- Actively contribute to the safe delivery of projects by promoting behavioural safety, and ensuring work is executed to maintain or improve site standards with respect to Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality
- Undertake feasibility studies for proposed projects
- Lead / Manage CAPEX projects
- Liaison with and supervision of contractors
- Electrical system development with a focusing on hardware design of MCC’s, PLC’s, motor and sensor selection in line with current hardware standards.
- Collaboration with Systems Engineering Department to ensure PLC’s designs meet the current control philosophy
- Executing and supervising site surveying, design work, including dimensions, services etc
- Lead the commissioning of installed plant, working closely with electrical, mechanical, systems and equipment commissioning engineers to verify and validate equipment operation against FDS.
- Managing an appropriate archive system for electrical drawings and updating site procedures and information where required
- Maintaining effective logs of change
- Amending and reviewing electrical drawings (CAD)
- Maintaining familiarity with site information (site plans, asbestos register etc) in the context of project delivery
- Electrical Engineering Degree or HNC
- BS7671 18th Edition
- Min 5 years relevant projects experience
- Good knowledge of core IT systems, including MS Word, Teams, Outlook, Excel, Project, Visio
- Ability to manage projects through to successful completion
- A good understanding of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and their effective implementation
- Project management and budget controls (desirable).
- Practical problem-solving approach to design
- Strong ethic on managing safety, risk identification and reduction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- LV/HV design principles with an understanding of protection devices.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Strong personal integrity
- Ability to recognise & engage effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Influencing skills
- Highly organised
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
Facilities at Hope include free parking, golf course, fishing and sailing lakes, on site gym, and a subsidised canteen. A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.