About the Role
Base Location: Melksham, Oxford, Swindon, or Andover
Salary: £38,073 - £49,626 depending on experience and authorisations + Car/Cash Allowance + Standby Allowance and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team.
As a Network Engineer you will be responsible for the completion of works to improve the health index of the network whilst helping to deliver safe outcomes for the workforce, customers, and the environment
Other roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering maintenance to ensure reliable performance and network security to meet regulatory and business plan objectives.
- Delivering programmes and an overview of work to be completed and prioritisation of resources, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to work delivery and resolution of key risks.
- Understanding the level of risk of the network in all geographical areas of the Region at any time and propose repair work through a prioritised portfolio.
- Ensuring that issues on the network are dealt with appropriately and proactively, to minimise risk to project, asset or programme.
- Ensuring the portfolio of programme of works including but not limited to defects resolution and PSI's, is managed within timescales and produce programmes and plans to oversee and manage the works.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or other relative engineering discipline
- Proven experience in site project and contractual management
- Site Managers Safety Training or IOSH Managing Safety
- Experience of carrying out detailed technical studies and reports
- Relevant operational/technical experience and knowledge (LV authorisations is essential, SAP experience on EHV/HV systems would be an advantage)
Travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland.Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero.
By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
Whats in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact on 01738 344051
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.