RF/ EO/ IR Professionals
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
At MBDA, we are continuing to grow our world leading capability on missile datalinks and seekers. We have a number of exciting opportunities within our Seekers and DataLink Systems organisation working from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes, needing a range of knowledge and experience from graduate engineer to experienced managers.
The roles cover RF and EletroOptic technologies with applications covering systems design work, hardware and firmware.
Ideally you'll have exposure / bias towards RF / EO / IR hardware and technology across the full product life cycle.
Currently we are recruiting for the following roles:
- Algorithm / Modelling Systems Engineers Seekers
- Design / Requirements Systems Engineers Seekers
- RF / MW Design Engineer Seeker Hardware
We're looking for you to have an ability to work autonomously within a multi-skilled team with a good understanding and commitment to achieving project goals. You should also be able to perform technical investigations, provide problem assessments, and propose design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
We are able to consider candidates looking for a flexible working pattern within this role.
What we're looking for
Some of the following dependent upon role level; all within the context of good RF or Electro-Optic knowledge:
- Knowledge of RF/microwave and electronic systems, algorithm design and implementation.
- Understanding of optical systems and experience in concept or optical design
- Experience of overseeing the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing and design certification.
- Experienced proving system level functionality, SW/FW integration and proving.
- Familiarity of real-time digital signal processing for high data bandwidth systems.
- Experience of design of Control Systems.
- Systems modelling and Autocode generation experience
- Systems design and requirements.
- Good communication skills with the ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Participate in or lead design reviews for all stages of concept development to the assessment of design maturity.
- Ability to manage external suppliers with procurement teams.
Here's what's in it for you
- MBDA is the highest ranked technical company in the Times UK top 25 Employers survey, career development is a key priority, career progression through both formal and on the job training is provided.
- These roles offer an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative product solutions.
- You will gain experience in weapon technologies both at system and hardware levels.
- You will be involved in various stages of product development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of product development.
Join a great team!
You'll be joining a rapidly developing product area within MBDA, with many exciting opportunities to work on both new and established products.
The teams have a common goal for the delivery of products design solutions that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. You'll be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
The projects offers you the opportunity to work with a specialist team developing and managing technically challenging technology within MBDA.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert