Missile Mechanical Architect
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: £45,000 - 65,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
As Mechanical Architects, we are involved in all aspects of missile development, from the early feasibility studies to series production and in-service support within MBDA. You will gather and manage requirements to achieve missile performance, on time and on cost and overall layout vs compliance. This involves providing justification of the design and co-ordinating the verification evidence of missile performance to support certification. We also ensure functional and mechanical requirements are flown down to the sub-assemblies within the missile which includes:
- Analysing overall product structure, mechanical interfaces and architecture
- Facilitating architectural trades
- Ensuring support of generic policies i.e. modularity, re-use, design for assembly
- Undertaking phased missile level technology maturity & complexity of design assessments
- Defining missile level hardware requirements
- Supporting product Design and program Phase Gate reviews
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Experience of electro-mechanical & mechanical design
- Experience developing proving logic and leading the generation of compliance evidence
- We are also interested in a good understanding of broader engineering fields, such as:
- Aerodynamics / Materials /Vibration, Shock, Fatigue /Six Sigma & Lean Design /Critical Parameter Management /Systems Engineering V-model /Failure Mode & Effects Analysis/ Test Design i.e: Design of Experiments
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert