Operational Technology Networks Manager
- Glasgow, Scotland / Perth, Scotland, Perth & Kinross / Reading, Berkshire, England
- £61100 - £91700 per annum + car allowance + performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Havant
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Reporting to the Head of Operational Technology, the Networks Manager will be responsible for the ongoing management of the Renewables operational technology network across the Hydro, Offshore and Onshore (Europe) renewable generation assets.
The role will ensure the Networks and associated assets are both resilient and secure and will therefore be required to identify and deploy best practice solutions through long term investment planning, project management activities, and ongoing system support.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Day-to-day management of the Renewables Operational Technology Networks team, comprising both internal and 3rd party staff, including budget management, investment planning, team culture and performance management.
- Ongoing management of the Renewables Operational Technology network assets through to the asset site boundary, ensuring business resilience and compliance against external regulation and internal policy.
- Ensuring appropriate project management is in place for system improvements and upgrades as required to achieve best practice solutions and ensuring appropriate skills and capabilities to achieve successful delivery.
- Defining Operational Technology standards and requirements for new network assets both in the UK and across the international portfolio and undertaking verification and validation activities through new build development and construction to ensure requirements are being achieved.
- Responsible for working with the OT Security Manager to ensure networks are managed in accordance with external regulator cyber security requirements, and ensuring appropriate actions and mitigations are deployed and managed for both existing and new assets.
- Responsible for establishing and managing appropriate interfaces and dependencies with cyber security systems and processes across key network assets.
- Responsible for supporting the development of effective incident response plans with key business stakeholders, and disaster recovery processes and requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong leadership skills and experience within an operational technology or systems environment with a track record of successful delivery.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels, managing conflict and able to achieve business buy-in to new ways of working.
- Experience across a broad range of control network-based systems, including the management of real time communication systems.
- Experience of NIS compliance requirements associated with Operational Technology and solutions to mitigate risks.
- Strong understanding of the commercial context of the Renewables business and implications across the wider business objectives.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills to respond to emerging technology risks and threats on real time systems and escalations as required.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert