Technical Delivery Engineer
- Highlands, Scotland, Inverness
- £38073 - £44257 per annum + car /car allowance
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness
Salary: £38,073 - £44,257 + car /car allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN are looking to recruit a Technical Delivery Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring planned, emergency and fault work is completed efficiently & effectively with a focus on fault cost and Guaranteed Standard failures.
The main responsibilities will include;
- Demonstrate safety as the number one value by considering it throughout every aspect of work.
- Ensure that SSEN's customers remain at the core of every decision to ensure great customer service performance and value is delivered.
- Operate to a commitment-based, delivery-focused culture to build a solid programme of work with little disruption.
- The responsible person for ensuring workloads are prioritised and managed in the most effective way possible.
- Check the front-line resources have the necessary training and authorisations to complete the work they are undertaking.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- City & Guilds 232 or equivalent and/or experience within electrical utilities environment.
- The ability and knowledge to engage at all levels and instil a high performing culture.
- Sound business and technical knowledge of electricity distribution or similar market sector with an awareness of key stakeholders and customers for electricity distribution and an appreciation of other business functions and their relationship with own responsibilities.
- A basic understanding of how a Distribution Network Operator (DNO) operates and generates revenue and incentives within the current price control period and a thorough understanding of local business plan derived from regulatory price control submission.
- A passion for safety and the ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- A full UK driving licence is vital for this role.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 340954.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert