Insurance Manager - Renewables & Networks
- Glasgow, Scotland
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Business & Finance
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Remote based - Scotland
Salary: Circa £40,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This is an exciting opportunity suited to a candidate with a number of years' experience in insurance. The role will offer the successful candidate the chance to work on some of the largest and most significant insurance programmes placed through the London Market.
As an insurance manager, you will be responsible, with the support of the Lead Insurance Manager(s), for:
- Managing and administrating the international insurance placement on behalf of SSE Renewables and Networks for both construction and operation.
- Provide support to the Lead Insurance Managers in making sure governance processes are followed and KPIs met in providing service to the SSE business units both in the UK and internationally.
- Run the invoicing and policy management process across both business units making sure premiums are paid on time and up to date policy records are maintained across the business.
- Review, develop and keep up to date framework contracts for construction and operation throughout Renewables and Networks.
- Managing the survey programme across both operational assets and those in construction internationally.
What do I need?
To be successful in applying for this position, you should ideally have:
- Insurance experience either in a broking, insurer or client role.
- Inquisitive with a commercially minded and solution orientated approach to insurance.
- Confident and focussed with ability to work with a wide range of people at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge or previous exposure of contract review process would be beneficial but not essential.
About our Business
The SSE insurance team has a key part to play in ensuring SSE achieves our targets as we move towards Net Zero.
As well as managing and providing expertise to the operational portfolio for Renewables and Networks, the team lead on significant and high-profile construction projects for the business both in the UK and internationally.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert