About the Role
Base Location: Portsmouth, Aldershot or Basingstoke
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 + car / car allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for a Substation Maintenance Manager to join our busy team!
As a Substation Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for delivery of the Maintenance programme for distribution network substation assets from LV to 33kV in the Southeast region.
You will have responsibility for the safety and welfare of a team of electrical fitters, the productivity of this team and the quality of the planning, maintenance, and inspection tasks completed.
We are looking for someone who can lead by example, grow and develop the team's knowledge whilst ensuring that safety is the number one value. Someone with an open, honest and positive communication style who has the ability to engage at all levels and instil a high performing culture
Other roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of field based electrical fitters.
- Planning and delivering substation maintenance work on equipment at voltages up to 33KV.
- Managing an annual plan of works ensuring all outputs are delivered within agreed budgets.
- Authorising timesheets, financial accountability for your outputs and ensuring the team have the correct tools and equipment to complete all required tasks safely.
- Liaise with Control and other delivery teams to plan network outages that optimise outcomes for customers and the business.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- 33kV Senior authorised person authorisations or working towards.
- Experience managing field based operational staff.
- Proficient IT skills with experience using systems such as Maximo, Electric Office, and Power On.
- A strong health and safety mindset, with values that align with those of SSE and our Safety family culture, coupled with experience of integrating and maintaining these within an operational environment.
- Enthusiasm, drive, a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.