Regional Capital Delivery Manager
- Highlands, Inverness, Scotland
- £61100 - £91700 per annum + Car allowance & Performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Project Engineering
- Job Type
- Engineering Manager
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Aviemore, Kyle, Wick, Brora, Dingwall, Kirkwall, Stornoway or Portree
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + car / car allowance + private medical + bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As Highland & Islands Regional Capital Delivery Manager you will be fully responsible for the most efficient delivery of investment and improvement schemes on the Region's network.
- Manage and lead the performance and productivity of the team and external contractors to ensure our works programme is completed to an exceptional standard, on time, meeting customer and portfolio requirements and achieving our regulatory obligations.
- Plan and manage all our investment and portfolios of work; optimising every project to ensure that work is delivered as efficiently as possible during every network contact and that the project teams deliver outperformance against our targets.
- Regularly reviewing schemes, you will ensure they are completed in line with agreed targets and will escalate any requests for defect correction or maintenance through the appropriate channels, demonstrating safety as our number one value by committing to completing site engagements each week and promoting behavioural safety at every opportunity.
- You will discuss your teams targets daily, ensuring that they are fully understood in order to drive performance and improvements, leading them to deliver high standards of SHE, Quality, Productivity, Affordability and Customer Service, whilst ensuring all administration, planning, reporting, compliance, escalation and investigation requirements are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring all planned work is completed, all work for next day is scheduled and that any issues are resolved on that day.
- Taking a lead role in contractor engagement across our region.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, you would have:
- Qualified in Electrical Engineering (e.g. City and Guilds, ONC etc) or equivalent with in-depth technical operational experience of the distribution network.
- Qualified in Project Management (e.g. Prince2, APM etc) or equivalent.
- A sound business knowledge and an awareness of the key stakeholders and customers in electricity distribution or a similar market stakeholder is essential, you will therefore have relevant technical experience and knowledge, as well as a good understanding of how a Distribution Network Operator (DNO) generates revenue and incentives.
- Strong demonstrable experience of delivering commitments to customers, with examples of how you have led a team to deliver customer expectations.
- Extensive experience working with KPI's, project costs, continuous improvements and portfolio targets.
- Competent in distribution operational safety rules, have great attention to detail, and will be confident challenging the way of working status quo; continually seeking opportunities to improve your working environment.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and we will be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on 01738 340 954.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert