Python Software Engineer
- Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Graduate, Engineer
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Python Software Engineer working alongside a team of like-minded Engineers on the next generation of Cyber Security and Electronic Defence technology?
A position at L3Harris will mean getting to innovate, architect, develop and see ideas become a reality over the full lifecycle of a product. In addition, there are opportunities to work on fully funded bleeding edge research and development projects – where things really get interesting!
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to develop and build cutting edge solutions to combat the threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis. We collaborate with Government Agencies and the Defence sector on next generation of state of the art Cyber Defence solutions, such as Government grade data encryption, as well as protecting against loss of life with our Force Protection technology (Electronic Countermeasures).
You will be involved primarily with our DevOps toolchain, specifically our in-house developed python tools which form part of our continuous integration set. You will be an integral part of our team and there will be opportunities to work on the latest evolution of our award-winning flagship CATAPAN product family, or on our Corvus development which is changing the face of Electronic Countermeasures in the Defence sector.
What you’ll bring
The role of a Python Software Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Previous Software Engineering experience with solid Python code development
- Experience of DevOps methods and tools such as continuous build environment, source control, automated testing and deployment
- Degree qualified or equivalent in relevant subject, or qualified by experience
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team (Software, Firmware, Hardware)
- A desire to learn new technologies and to push technical boundaries
- Good communication skills to work as part of a dynamic development team
- Experience of scripting and configuration languages (Bash, YAML, etc) desirable but not essential
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
For over 100 years in the UK, L3Harris has demonstrated world-class engineering, manufacturing, research and development pedigree in working with the UK government and industry partners to solve complex problems and defend against evolving threats.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert