- England, Hampshire, Portsmouth
- Closing date
- 26 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Havant
Salary: Circa £20,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 18 Month Fixed Term Contract / Secondment | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Group Security and Investigation staff provide an integral service protecting SSE's assets. The team is the central point for reporting and managing all forms of security incidents.
We are looking for a pro-active and self-motivated administrator to join our department to provide administrative support to the business. This is an interesting and varied role which sees you operate at the heart of our business.
- You will be able to prioritise and approach tasks with confidence and clarity, using your own initiative and will be proactive in your approach to supporting essential administrative tasks required to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Attention to detail is important, as is the ability to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records for the dept. budget.
- To Support the Engineering & Maintenance Team with stock ordering, reporting & escalations.
- To oversee the staffing resources within Group Security & Investigations (GS&I). in particular, staff rostering and annual leave entitlements.
- To provide support to the ID Card Administration team.
- To assist the Management Team with the creation and distribution of minutes & actions, month end reporting.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to muti-task.
- Previous administration experience in a busy role as well as excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure, working in a fast paced environment, often to timescales.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Solid analytical and reporting skills.
Please be aware that working from our Havant office will be required a minimum of 3 days per week.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on 01738 351671.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert