Warhead Mechanical CAD Engineers
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Hampshire, Basingstoke, England / England, Berkshire
- £33850 - £48000 per annum
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Control & Instrumentation, Design, Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive Industry, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
AWE has exciting opportunities for Mechanical Design Engineers to join our Warhead Engineering Team and apply their expertise in support of AWE's Weapon Projects.
These are wonderful opportunities for experienced CAD Design Engineers looking for a fresh challenge or for qualified Precision Machinists with CAD experience looking to further their career.
Excellent career progression and benefits.
Warhead Mechanical CAD Engineers
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area (Office Based)
Closing date: 28th March 2023
Salary: £33,850 - £48,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration (optional)
Within this role you will have the opportunity to:
Produce and deliver conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation, and validation evidence for mechanical engineering solutions in relation to defined requirements to company standards
Produce calculations and analysis in support of the above when necessary
Maintenance of design history
Support technical reviews and give presentations on design solutions when necessary
Work with Senior Engineers in scoping, planning, and estimating future activities
Apply the practical use of engineering methods, tools, and processes
Technical leadership/mentoring of junior staff, Apprentices & Graduates
Maintain and promote high standards in ESH (Environmental, safety & health), security and quality
Applicants will need to have experience and knowledge in Mechanical Engineering Design and specifications to produce fully defined engineering drawing packs to BS 8888 using PLM and CAD systems. Experience of using Siemens, Teamcenter and NX particularly desirable although further training will be provided if needed.
Whilst not considered a checklist, we will expect candidates to be able to demonstrate some of the following as further training will be given:
Experience of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Experienced in using Computer Aided Design systems
Practical experience of Machine tools and manufacturing processes
Application and knowledge of British and ISO Standards
Application and knowledge of Material selection
An understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Proven experience in a Design Office environment
An ability to work with a range of stakeholders (technical & non-technical)
All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert