OT Security Analyst
- Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Perth / Glasgow, Scotland
- Closing date
- 26 Mar 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 + performance-related bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
You will be reporting into the OT Security Manager and working in a dynamic team of OT security specialists with expertise on OT governance, risk, compliance, projects and controls, and will be participating in SSE Renewables OT security projects to reduce the cyber security risks across our generation fleet in onshore wind, offshore wind, hydro and operational control rooms.
SSE will provide the appropriate and mandatory security training necessary to fulfil this specialist role.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include:
- Work as a participant within the OT Security value stream, which is a combination of IT and OT professionals, to deliver either individually or as a group, technical OT security projects for SSE Renewables operational generation businesses; Onshore Wind, Offshore Wind, Hydro and Control Room functions.
- Gain technical proficiency to operate, troubleshoot and maintain OT security applications, appliances and hardware used to provide oversight and control of operational networks and assets; firewalls, network intrusion, host intrusion, event monitoring, etc.
- Work across the Operational business and the OT Security teams to ensure that security standards are being met and identify where standards may not be fit for use, either for operational or security reasons, and perform where required security assessments or support security audits.
- Supervise and where required participate in all aspects of readying the Operational business for an Ofgem security inspection, from mentoring, evidence gathering, risk reviews, risk management, cyber exercising and managing data records and artifacts necessary for inspection success.
- Participate in the design, approval and implementation of physical, technical and administrative security controls, along with periodic retrospective reviews of those controls.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A degree in Power Systems Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology or an equivalent degree with security and/or proven experience in managing Operational Technology controls in the Power or Oil & Gas sectors.
- Solid engineering experience working in Operational Technology operations and/or design.
- Exposure to managing physical and/or cyber security controls.
- Disciplined individual, able to work across multiple workstreams to perform scheduled security tasks and be able to confidently articulate in OT business terms the status and impact of assessments, improvements and controls.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 275 846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert