Information Systems Solution Integration Engineer
- 55k to 60k
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: £55k to £65K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as one "team day" on prime site plus other days depending on customer/project needs.
MBDA are accelerating their digital journey towards an increasingly connected enterprise where continuity and integration between specialist toolsets is becoming critical. The Information Systems-Engineering Digital Solutions team are seeking an experienced and flexible solution deployment and integration engineer to pioneer new and revised solutions up to and including the alpha release stage and then to assist in preparing the full deployment release project.
This could include activities such as undertaking all technical requirements for an alpha release, working with a small team, or co-ordinating suppliers and vendors to deliver the project. The key driver for MBDA is to retain and build the knowledge of our enterprise within the internal teams.
This role will primarily aligned to the Global Combat Air Programme (GCAP) for which MBDA is a key member.
You will also be a key team member, with Architects, Analysts and Integration specialists, as we seek to improve the standards and repeatability of our application offerings across the group.
What we're looking for from you:
- A broad level of technical information technology and information systems knowledge in a defence level environment covering application systems, databases, servers and desktop integration primarily for Windows based systems but with expectation to grow knowledge in other operating environments.
- Experience of enterprise application lifecycle management of information systems including acquisition, testing, release and deployment, as well as appreciation of operational needs.
- Experience of solution alignment with existing software, compatibility analysis, compliance analysis and remediation with standard such as Cyber Essentials+
- Ability to coordinate resources, internal and external with, a good level of technical competence to ensure solutions are created to the operational and security standards required for the defence industry.
- Someone who can work locally and internationally to promote innovation and improvement
- The role is not limited to the existing tools sets or engineering areas experience of industry tools for Product Lifecycle Management, Engineering Lifecycle Management and Service Lifecycle Management is highly desirable - for example MBDA use PTC Windchill; IBM ELM/Jazz; CARL Source; Pure:Variants; Ansys various offerings; but the programmes may use tools such as Dassaut 3D Expeirence; used by some partner
- Knowledge of Model Base Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools as well of an awareness of agile techniques is an advantage.
What's in it for you?
- This is an opportunity to be part of a growing team which aims to provide solutions for MBDA's continuing digital journey.
- Opportunity to work nationally and internationally within the Information Management Function and with the Business and Engineering Teams.
- Be part of an organisation with a values-led culture that is committed to investing in its workforce with a personal development programme
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert