Lead Project Manager (Cables)
- Highlands, Scotland, Inverness / Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Perth / Scotland, Glasgow
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Project Engineering
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £Competitive + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Lead Project Manager - Cables sits within the SSEN Transmission (SSENT) Offshore Delivery Team and is required to primarily support the delivery of the Shetland High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Project and to support the ongoing Project Development and subsequent delivery of future subsea cable installation projects that are currently in the SSENT development pipeline.
The Subsea Cable Installation Lead is expected to:
- Provide clear leadership of project teams involving both staff and external contractors, to ensure project excellence is achieved through a competent, motivated and improvement focussed team using robust systems to support the successful delivery of projects.
- Be the key interface between the Cables project with multidiscipline support functions to ensure the safe delivery to programme, cost and the necessary quality of HVDC land and subsea cable manufacturing and installation and associated land fall works near Wick, Caithness and Kergord, Shetland as part of the Shetland HVDC Link project and any other projects as required.
- Apply and adhere to the Safety Management Systems, best practices and the SSE Large Capital Projects Governance processes for all projects whilst ensuring their actions and behaviours are in accordance with the SSE Safety Culture and core leadership values.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience in both land and subsea cable installation practices including subsea cable protection measures, crossing of 3rd party assets, jointing requirements, pull in and land fall operations, HDD works and testing and commissioning. You will compliment this with clear technical and construction knowledge relative to both onshore and subsea installation and associated offshore operations including applicable HSE and CDM regulations.
- A thorough understanding of the Transmission Business and regulated environment that we operate in and will have a background in either the Offshore Transmission (OFTO) industry, offshore or subsea construction and installation, or the Offshore Wind sector on major projects.
- Experience of personally being responsible for the delivery of large capital projects and have a good understanding of contract management and the tendering process for the purchasing and engagement of suppliers including multi-disciplinary contracts.
- Experience in the reporting and management requirements that come with large capital projects and have a clear understanding of developing and managing integrated project programmes control cost forecasting as well as being able to decipher Industry legislation, Health and Safety Legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally and experience of communicating with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on or 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert