Group SHE Communications and Engagement Officer
- Scotland, Glasgow
- Performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, however other SSE office locations would be considered.
Salary: From £28,300 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full time | Flexible First options available
This opportunity is ideal for an organised and motivated individual with a passion for a developing their career in communications. As Group SHE Communications and Engagement Officer you'll support the Group SHE Communications and Engagement Specialist to deliver a varied and interesting range of work. You'll gain exposure across SSE's 7 businesses and benefit from the expertise and support of the existing team to develop your skills and progress within the role. The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Assisting in the production of high-quality SSE SHE group-wide content that aligns with group SHE communications objectives.
- Communicating, on behalf of the SHE communications and engagement function to internal audiences, contractors and third parties.
- Producing accurate, engaging and timely content for a range of primarily (but not exclusively) internal media including print and digital written word (news and opinion copy, social media), audio and video (scripting and direction) and face-to-face (presentations, speeches and scripts.
- Assisting in the administration and booking of immersive SHE training across the Perth site and other sites managed by our partners.
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of Groups SHE events.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience in delivering communications plans, campaigns.
- Ability to research and produce content from primary and secondary sources.
- Experience in utilising a range of communications channels across digital, print, face-to-face.
- Excellent project management admin skills, organisational skills including ability to plan, prioritise and deliver complex workloads.
About our Business
At SSE, Safety is our number one value. We live by the mantra if it's not safe, we don't do it and this is the key objective of our Safety teams. Whether it be our own people, or a focus on our customers and communities, our SHE teams are responsible for ensuring we minimise risk and get everyone safely at the end of the working day.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on 01738 351 671.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert