Product Engineer - SharePoint
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Product Engineers operate, change, and grow software that has either been developed, customized or configured to add value to the customer. This is a multi-functional role that works with a Product Team to deliver business value through a high quality product using optimized-flow delivery models based on Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
Product Engineers will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality, and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. Product Engineers will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Product Engineers will have a deep understanding of their application and how it is configured for the business, they will live and breathe the Agile manifesto and will use processes, tools and culture to continuously improve what they do and how they work for the delight of the customer. Adding value everyday will be a key goal.
The Product Engineer will be:
- Supporting the design, configuration and development, and supporting the customised and standard SharePoint solutions; their integration with the end-to-end solution. Will be accountable for the quality of the design and delivery of the components.
- Responsible for adhering to standards, governance and best practices set out by the Product Architects.
- Responsible for being a contributor in the DevOps team, supporting the application, resolving incidents/problems, reducing technical debt and developing new features to help enable the business through ERP.
- Responsible for providing product and service direction to the Product Management Team and implement these as part of a self-organising team.
- Supporting the reduction of the volume of incident and problem tickets by addressing the root cause and /or Product knowledge gaps in the business.
- Directly working with peers and Product Analysts by helping refine the requirements and translating them into SharePoint functional and technical designs.
- Jointly responsible, alongside other Product Engineers, producing cross module designs that are complementary of each other and promote continuity of knowledge across the team.
- Working with suppliers, customers, team members and industry peers to continuously improve delivery.
- Familiar with process frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Agile and have a good understanding of an efficient Software Development Lifecycle.
The Product Engineer will:
- Build new landing page, department templates/pages, newsletter, banner and videos accessible to any device using C#.
- Implement, deploy, WSP package and maintain new intranet portal site and SharePoint site.
- Create web parts, lists/library, content types, site columns, master pages, search navigation, permissions, and data management.
- Build Sequential and Parallel workflow using ASP.NET with C# and build workflow forms using SharePoint Designer.
- Migrate data from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2019 using Sharegate tool and written custom PowerShell scripts to update InfoPath forms list data.
- Created custom forms and updated workflow task approval InfoPath forms using SharePoint Designer.
- Responsible to apply custom branding into site and create a custom page layout and Master pages as per the business requirements using C#, HTML5 and Bootstrap.
- Design and develop complex SQL queries, views and stored procedures using SQL Server Database and this Used in Web Services to exchange data between different client applications.
- Design and developed complex quarterly and yearly reports as per the business requirements using Crystal reports and SSRS.
- Client Side Object Model (CSOM) is used to build client applications and enable us to access Sites that are hosted outside without using web services.
- Jira tool will help to plan and estimate development and issue tracking work needed to implement assigned tasks- redo
- ServiceNow ticketing tool used to improve processes and catalogs customer service requests. We deal with incidents, changes, problems.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) is used for source code management, requirements management, project management, reporting, testing, and release management capabilities.
- Prioritizing and resolving bugs on the production environment in a timely manner.
- Ensures that security and Microsoft patches are up-to-date.
- Ensures that the environment is stable with an availability of 98%.
- Produces documentation for all solutions that is developed
- Performs thorough testing in each step of the SDLC (Black box testing, Unit testing, regression testing, integration testing, UAT testing)
- Mediate between application development and business user teams when issues arise during design, development and testing
Knowledge, Skills, and Technology Requirements:
The typical skills and technology required for this role include:
- Indepth working knowledge of the SharePoint Custom Solutions
- knowledge in C#.net
- Systems and data Integration
- Good understanding of the Agile Manifesto, Devops Priciples, Scrum and Lean Engineering Practices.
- Functional/ Technical Design
- Data Management
- Governance and Control
- SharePoint Server 2010/2019
- InfoPath 2010/2013
- SharePoint Designer 2010/2013
- MS Visual Studio 2008/2015/2017
- .NET Framework (3.0/3.5/4.0/5.0),
- IIS 6/7
- JIRA and Confluence
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert