Senior Software Tester
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Senior Software Tester
About The Team
This is an excellent opportunity to work as software test lead embedded within an agile development team. You will be supporting the continued development of enterprise system with thousands of users worldwide.
This is a chance to support building a mature test process by designing test approaches and extending existing automation test suites to further meet project needs. The right candidate will have a good grounding in test, team leadership and the ability to implement automation testing with modern CI/CD practices. We are looking for candidates who can work shift hours (5pm - 2am or 2pm - 11pm) which will entitle the candidate to additional allowances.
What You Will Be Doing
- Initially you will act as test lead within an agile scrum team with opportunities for advancement to lead test overall for the project.
- Understanding new functional requirements based on user stories and designing appropriate test cases
- Mentoring junior testers within the team and providing guidance on task priorities
- Working with UK based stakeholders including external customers to understand new functionality to ensure appropriate test case design
- Designing test approaches including exploratory, risk based and automation testing
- Creating automation tests primarily using Java based frameworks such as Selenium (UI) and Rest assured. (API)
- Providing automation test technical leadership and reviewing the test code of junior testers
What We Are Looking For
- Someone with at least 8 years’ experience working in a test leadership role including test automation
- Someone familiar with the technical areas of the project such as Java, AWS, Docker, Linux
- Sound knowledge of testing theory and approaches, ISTQB certifications an advantage
- Demonstrate the ability to learn on the job, acquire new skills as required and put these to effective use.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written english communication skills.
What We Offer
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 18 days annual leave a year
- You will be working shift patterns to allow for overlap with the UK timezone. You will have additional allowances for working these hours
- We support hybrid working and give flexibility to teams to decide on the balance between remote and office based working. This role is almost entirely based at home.
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private family medical cover, dental, optical & home office setup allowances. We also provide EPF contributions for both local and international staff
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- You’ll be part of our annual bonus scheme
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert