Asset Risk and Investment Engineer
- Perth, Perth & Kinross, Scotland
- £48872 - £55563 per annum
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Perth, Glasgow or Inverness
Salary: £48,872 - £55,563 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The role is in our Asset Management department and requires the post-holder to utilise investment analysis techniques (including optioneering, cost-benefit analysis and discounted cash flows) to optimise and justify engineering investments as well as acting as a business case lead and asset owner representative for various project teams and other Transmission departments.
The Asset Risk and Investment Engineer will have the key duties but are not limited to:
- Timely delivery of whole-life investment modelling, engineering justification papers and business cases, factoring in asset condition, network risk, operational safety and commercial/financial considerations.
- Monitor the delivery of the project portfolio and undertake post-investment appraisals to optimise future investment decisions.
- Utilise asset management data tools such as CBRM, Invest, Maximo, ArcGIS to analyse asset portfolio and produce high-quality investment papers.
- Participate in regulatory engagement with Ofgem and ensuring investment in the network is compliant with statutory, regulatory and license requirements.
- Support the development of risk-based investment plans aligned to outage plans, asset condition, whole system development, network growth plans and regulatory license conditions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Understanding and experience of project management with physical infrastructure assets, managing asset risk and investment models.
- High level of technical competency in carrying out infrastructure investment appraisals, optioneering, cost benefit analysis, economic modelling and data analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, as are well developed stakeholder management skills, and a track record of delivery against challenging deadlines. Strong attention to detail would be required as well as ability to work under limited supervision.
- You will be educated to a degree level in electrical engineering or another STEM subject.
- It is highly desirable you will hold an Institute of Asset Management Certificate or Diploma qualification or have Chartership status in an equivalent field (e.g. CEng, PMQ, PPQ, PMP).
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert