About the Role
Base Location: Flexible across UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK offices, which includes but is not limited to:- London, Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: 24 Month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE has recently embarked on a 3 - 5 year, £20m Finance Transformation Programme spanning all areas of the business to support SSE's strategy and will transform our Finance teams across its systems, processes, and people.
During its initial phase of Finance Transformation, the programme delivered a series of path clearing activities to simplify its processes, systems, data, and controls that underpin a successful implementation of SSE Finance's future Systems and Data Roadmap.
Now entering the first of two implementation phases of the Programme, the focus will be delivery of Finance Systems and Data roadmap. This is pivotal to our success in achieving the objectives of Finance's "Digital Journey" and a high-profile enabler of SSE's ambitious growth strategy.
We are seeking a Finance Data Manager to join our new Data and Reporting Team, to lay the foundations of and drive the evolution of our Finance Data Governance model. The post holder will be key to shaping and delivering our Data Strategy, supporting the development, implementation and the establishment of a framework that will deliver good data quality and sustainable data management across SSE Finance.
Reporting to the Finance Transformation Data Lead, the post holder will be expected to proactively engage with the Corporate Data CoE team, Finance Transformation programme, Finance/other Business SMEs, and data governance teams within other Corporate functions and Business Units.
- Responsible for promoting and supporting the delivery of data awareness, training & education to promote a data driven & enriched data culture.
- Responsible for embedding the Data Governance standard into finance 'BAU' activities, monitoring progress and reporting on adherence.
- Promoting compliance in alignment to respective internal and external data policy and standard.
- Establish the best knowledge sharing practices and data issues resolution.
- Maintains the Data Issue Risk Register and reports to management on progress and data quality metrics.
- Manage the finance data & reporting 'demand management' process.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree level educated or equivalent in Business Management, Project Management, or any other related equivalent.
- Experience working with complex datasets.
- Experience developing models to solve problems in utilities or other asset-based industries a distinct advantage.
- Understanding or experience of using Informatica Axon/EDC products or any Data Governance and Metadata management tool.
- Extensive knowledge of data lineage methodology and application and all metadata management practices with a good understanding of and experience of the application of Data Quality dimensions to Data Quality management.
- Broad understanding of finance data, systems and reporting solutions would be advantageous.
Technology awareness across a broad range of technologies, including:
- Previous experience of Informatica (Axon, EDC) would be advantageous.
- High level of proficiency with general toolsets including Excel (Power Queries, Pivot), Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams.
- SharePoint Online.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on 01738 344763.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.