Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £40,000 pro rata depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to £2,000 pro rata
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 1 day on-site and 1 day remote.The opportunity:
The growing workload within MBDA has created an exciting opportunity within the UK Component Engineering team for an engineer who will be responsible for selecting, vetting, approving, cataloguing and managing electronic components used within our products.
You will undertake a full range of activities; no two days are the same. You will be providing advice and guidance to our internal customers ensuring the selection of suitable components based on risk mitigation.
Part of the role will also include prospecting of components and technologies for future business, selection of components for inclusion into our international guide promoting low risk and reuse, working closely with international counterparts, support of internal customers with component obsolescence and extended lead times, coordinating and leading BoM risk reviews and engaging with manufacturers and suppliers.
There is also the opportunity to support international continuous improvement initiatives to help define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on an international scale.What we're looking for from you:
Nice to have:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with electronic components.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face-to-face communications with key stakeholders.
- Experience of vetting and cataloguing components.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge / experience of tools such as (Windchill Matrix PLM), SAP, Silicon Expert, IHS etc.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.