Part Time Principal PCB Layout Designer
- Circa £52,000 pro rata DOE
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Circa £52000 pro rata depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to £2,000 pro rata
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 1 day on-site working and 1 day remote.
The PCB Layout team are responsible for providing a full PCB Layout Service to all internal Programs. These span all technologies from PTH boards to complex multilayer, rigid/flexi-rigid, surface mount, impedance matched, RF etc. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical skills across our broad range of products.
This role involves working closely with engineers and PCB suppliers developing complex PCB Layouts based on electrical, mechanical and environmental requirements. This can involve developing and adapting emerging technologies to meet our high reliability requirements, whilst maintaining a high production yield.
Mentoring and knowledge sharing with other team members is also important; playing an active role in their and your own development.
The PCB Layout Designer will provide a design service, which includes footprint creation, placement, signal routing, peer reviews, final documentation and Technical support, ensuring designs and hardware are in accordance with requirements and conform to MBDA design rules and processes.
What we're looking for from you:
- Good negotiation and influencing skills to ensure design requirements are suitable for production processes
- Extensive/Specialist experience in one or more areas such as RF/High speed/Analogue/Power/SI or EMC
- Knowledge and experience of PCB design and best practices for PCB layout.
- Knowledge of the requirements of IPC standards for high reliability products.
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication processes and technologies (materials, stack-ups etc.)
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders including our international partners.
- Preferably knowledge of Zuken CR5000 or CR8000, but not mandatory as training would be provided for the right candidate.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert