MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £52000 pro rata depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to £2,000 pro rata
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 1 day on-site working and 1 day remote.The opportunity:
The PCB Layout team are responsible for providing a full PCB Layout Service to all internal Programs. These span all technologies from PTH boards to complex multilayer, rigid/flexi-rigid, surface mount, impedance matched, RF etc. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical skills across our broad range of products.
This role involves working closely with engineers and PCB suppliers developing complex PCB Layouts based on electrical, mechanical and environmental requirements. This can involve developing and adapting emerging technologies to meet our high reliability requirements, whilst maintaining a high production yield.
Mentoring and knowledge sharing with other team members is also important; playing an active role in their and your own development.
The PCB Layout Designer will provide a design service, which includes footprint creation, placement, signal routing, peer reviews, final documentation and Technical support, ensuring designs and hardware are in accordance with requirements and conform to MBDA design rules and processes.What we're looking for from you:
- Good negotiation and influencing skills to ensure design requirements are suitable for production processes
- Extensive/Specialist experience in one or more areas such as RF/High speed/Analogue/Power/SI or EMC
- Knowledge and experience of PCB design and best practices for PCB layout.
- Knowledge of the requirements of IPC standards for high reliability products.
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication processes and technologies (materials, stack-ups etc.)
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders including our international partners.
- Preferably knowledge of Zuken CR5000 or CR8000, but not mandatory as training would be provided for the right candidate.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.