About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN offices or depots around Scotland.
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 + car/car allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our projects vary from the inspection, repair and maintenance of existing subsea electricity cables, to the survey, design and installation of replacement cables up to 33kV. In this role you will be responsible for:
- The engineering design elements of our subsea cabling projects from the preliminary route identification and route assessment stage through to the development and completion of the detailed engineering design for the cable installations.
- Preparing and coordinating pre-construction information, carrying out design risk assessments and design reviews ensuring that safety and the environment is fully considered throughout the project.
- Engagement and regular communication with contractors and stakeholders during the design and delivery phases of the projects.
- Supporting the team by providing engineering or technical advice relating to the project designs.
- Considering stakeholder views within the design development phase of the projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of subsea cable design and construction up to 33kV.
- A degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline or the equivalent demonstrable experience.
- A working knowledge of subsea power cable landfall assessments, route engineering design analysis, specifying methods of cable installation and an understanding of subsea power cable installation.
- Experience of preparing pre-construction information, carrying out design risk assessments, design risk reviews and knowledge of the Construction, Design and Management 2015 Regulations.
- It is essential that you hold a full, current UK driving license.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments needed during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stacey on 01738 342529.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll need to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.