AWE is recruiting for a Senior HSE Manages to manage a multidiscipline team to work alongside designers, project managers and operators during the early stages of the facility Lifecyle / Rekit e.g. requirements capture, design and then during transition from construction to operations to ensure the final outcome meets all HSE legal requirements and reduces risks to the end user. The successful candidate is likely to have experience of facility design and transition to operational facilities as well as being a strong and inspirational leader. Please note this role are not construction HSE positions.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £41,500 - £75,000 Per annum (dependent on experience and suitability for the role)
Closing Date - 29th March 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Management of a multidiscipline team to deliver to an agreed service schedule.
- Influencing design of new build and facility rekits to ensure all operating hazards are identified and risks control measures are incorporated such that the end facility is ALARP.
- Representing the end user to ensure installed equipment and processes are compliant with all HSE legislation
- Ensuring all appropriate licences and permits associated with the operation of the facility are in place prior to handover.
- Ensuring all HSE justifications, documentation and arrangements are in place prior to handover to demonstrate compliance with all HSE legislation.
- Will be required to gain a firm understanding of AWE's Management System to help manage implementation into new/changed workplaces
- Will be required to gain a good understanding of operational risks to ensure the risks are considered and addressed at all phases of the project
- Must have great interpersonal skills to work constructively with many different internal and external stakeholders
- May be required to lead hazard identification and risk mitigation workshops (e.g. HAZOPs)
- Must be adaptable to changing requirements throughout the project lifecycle and be able to understand how this may affect risk
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent)
- Good understanding of all HSE disciplines e.g. Process Safety, Environment, Safety Cases, etc.
- Understanding of current HSE management system standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, HSG65 and BS OHSAS 18001.
- Understanding of current HSE legislation, standards and guidance (including Licence conditions) relevant to the role.
- Understanding of the facility lifecycle and the opportunities to reduce risks during these activities
- Understanding of configuration and change management techniques.
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels within the organisation.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Ability to build and improve effective internal working relationships at all levels in order to secure best solutions.
- To have excellent communication, presentational and negotiation skills.
- Able to make systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information and to evaluate solutions.